Following are the changes in LibreOffice 6.2
- The new Tabbed UI is ready for release! Writer, Calc, Impress and Draw have complete Tabbed UI versions. This is similar to Ribbon style in Microsoft Office. LibreOffice Notebook looks clean and intuitive.
- The New Groupedbar Compact UI is also ready for release! Writer, Calc, Impress and Draw have complete Groupedbar Compact UI versions.
- LibreOffice ships with three SVG based icons styles. This includes the SVG variants of Breeze, Colibre, and Elementary. But it is in the expermintal list. and you can enable it from Tools ▸ Options ▸ LibreOffice ▸ Viewwith an “(SVG)” suffix indicator.
- The New Expermintal icon looks clean and compelling.
- improve slide previews when necessary
- enable scale factor for the rendering of dialogs
- reduce unnecessary animation
- avoid repeated re-layout of comments & red-lines
- Various bug fixes
Tidier Context Menus
The context menus of each app in the LibreOffice suite has been reworked and tidied up. Context menus are more consistent between apps, aiding usability and improving muscle memory.
- Source Serif Pro font added
- Liberation fonts updated
- The browser-based help system now has faster filtering of index keywords, for faster search in Help pages.
Improvements in EMF+ vector images import (used by .doc, docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt file formats)
Better support for Microsoft Office, and Pdf format.
How to get LibreOffice 6.2
You can download LibreOffice 6.2 from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/
For snap supported system
For Ubuntu / Linux Mint / Debian
you can run this command
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libreoffice